Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Cake of the Year

Funny story...

When I counted 2012's cakes again, I got 64 the second time.

Told you I wasn't good at math!


Of course, that doesn't count all the pies, cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, or other assorted treats I made. Or the sheet cakes I did at work - I work at the grocery store bakery too. I ♥ baking...

The first weekend of 2013 was a two cake weekend! The first was a batman birthday cake, which I had a great idea for, but wasn't sure gravity would agree with me: 


Luckily, it did! I wanted the top tier to be 8 inches or so tall, so that I could get a really great city scene in. And Batman himself too, looking all fierce, guarding the city from evil.



This isn't my first Superhero cake, and the more I do, the more idea I think of! Here's a few from last year: 


You can see the original here



You can see the original here




You can see the original here

No comments:

Post a Comment