Saturday, February 2, 2013

Balloons and Bacon

Before we get to my favorite cake of the week (and the year, at least so far), let's hear it for...BACON!!!

You know, it's very hard getting bacon colors exactly right. Even when it was done, I didn't think the colors were right...but what color is bacon, exactly? Cook up a package, and then study the colors...they are difficult to put a name to :-)

The cake was for a 13 year old boy who wanted a bacon themed party. Boys...


Once the bacon was safely "cooked" (Haha, see what I did there?), I started kicking around ideas for a baby shower cake. Since I'm currently obsessed with zoo animals, the choice was easy (I love when customers tell me 'Oh make whatever'). It ended up being my favorite cake so far this year.









I think the elephant is even cuter than the first one I did

No comments:

Post a Comment