Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cake Minion

Ah, another one cake weekend. But I'm glad it was a one-caker, because this cake had me nervous. Specifically, I was worried about meeting the customer's expectations for a life-like rainbow trout.

Luckily my cake minion, AKA hubby, is not only a fisher, but an excellent gum paste/fondant animal creator. And easily molded to my will...mehehehehe (that's an evil cackle for those of you who don't speak evil cake genius). He whipped this beauty right out in no time flat, and took it right over the edge with a real fly fishing tie hooked in the fish's mouth.

And to top it all off, he pounded my dry, hard brown sugar into river sand. I wonder if he would wear one of these t-shirt from Captain Leisure T's?







The fish really steals the show. The rest of the cake is kinda "meh" compared to it! But...I'm pretty good at using those candy rocks in artful ways!

Oh, and that writing...it was supposed to look like that stringy, mossy stuff you get caught on your line when you're fishing. I'm still not sure if it worked. 

(PS - In all seriousness I'm so lucky to have a husband who is not only willing to lend his artful eye when I'm stumped, but who secretly likes it too. So if you're reading this, I sure appreciate you babe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment